The Ayurveda family are staunch believers in the principle of “We are what we eat”. Nutrition is of prime importance to the human body, and in Ayurveda, it is believed that every health problem starts due to a lack of proper nutrition. When it comes to Ayurveda, juices are of vital importance to the digestive system, and the following are some of the Ayurvedic juice recipes and their benefits for a healthy diet system.
Natural Tomato Juice
Crush 100 grams of raw, organic tomato and add water accordingly, leaving it slightly thick. Furthermore, make sure you do not peel off the skin before grinding, and also do not add sugar as adding sugar to the juice will make it acidic.
- Healthy for coronary heart.
- Prevents prostate cancer.
- Improves digestion level.
- Healthy for the liver as it contains anti-oxidant properties.
- The juice is rich in citric acid, potassium, vitamin A,B and C, oxalic acid.
- It improves the strength level and also energizes the human body.
This is most recommended to people suffering from bronchitis and hypertension to name a few. The best way to have natural tomato juice is to make it a part of your daily diet.
Melon fruit Juice
Take 2 small size melons, peel and remove the seeds. Further cut it into pieces and grind it in a juicer, taking care to add the right water quantity to suit your juce. In the event that you wish to make it sweet, you can add a small bit of agave syrup, but avoid using sugar.
Major Health Benefits:
- Rich in vitamins A and C.
- Includes magnesium and potassium.
- Boosts the Kapha levels and reduces the Pitta and Vata levels.
- Helps to relax and eradicate excessive heat from the body.
It is recommended that people suffering from constipation, acidity, urinary tract infections and unexpected weight loss should have melon fruit juice.
Other than juices, there are many more benefits to be gained from the Ayurvedic diet. There are many tasty Ayurvedic recipes made from fibrous grains, fresh vegetables and fruits. The major benefit of an Ayurvedic diet is that it keeps you energetic and glowing throughout the day. Moreover, the use of salt is minimized in order to enable fluid retention in the body. Besides, if you are addicted to sodas, coffee and alcohol, then you will find this diet to be highly advantageous to your health needs.
Lastly, here are few of the reasons why one would push you to select the healthy Ayurvedic diet:
- Due to the minimum use of salt and low fat recipes, it allows you to maintain your body weight.
- The food is rich in vitamins, minerals and other important nutrients which helps to keep you energetic everyday.
- The diet contains rich proteins and it is easy to digest. In addition, as most of the recipes include ginger, black pepper, and garlic to name a few, it improves the digestion process.
The Ayurvedic diet is filled with nutrients, as the food is cooked from fresh organic vegetables and fruits.