Keeping clear skin is of the utmost priority to many women. Yet, with so many different treatment options and dermatologists giving contradicting advice, it’s difficult to know what actually works, and more importantly, what will work for you. The truth is there isn’t a one and only cure that a late night infomercial is preaching. There are hundreds of different possibilities to get your skin clearer and wrinkle-free. I will focus on the options that have been clinically tested the most, as well as, the options that are the most effective and convenient. Some of these may surprise you, and may require a short trip to your grocery store. Here are the 5 ways to ward off fine lines and wrinkles:
- Skin Tightening This is a clinically proven method for getting rid of those stubborn wrinkles. Skin tightening is best done by a licensed dermatologist and uses cutting edge technology to stimulate collagen fibers within your skin. This produces the desired “firming effect” in lax skin, making your skin smoother, elastic, and younger feeling. Depending on the dermatologist, some may stimulate collagen fibers using differing methods. The most common one is via Bi-polar Radio Frequencies, which activate dormant collagen fibers, giving your skin more structure.
- Filler Treatments This option is also clinically proven and FDA approved. These are injectable face implants that can contain, or solely contain a variety of chemicals including: collagen, Hyaluronic acid (a sugar present in skin), Calcium hydroxylapatite (a strong mineral), and Polymethylmethacrylate beads (safe, tiny beads that provide structure to your skin). This procedure should also be performed by a trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Other than the Polymethylmethacrylate beads, the others are temporary and may last 1-2 years.
- Avocado Mask Avocado is one of the healthiest foods to eat on the planet, and it also happens to be one of the best things for your skin. It is a great source of unsaturated fat and vitamin E. Combine avocado with other staple items like honey and aloe vera. Honey is a phenomenal skin moisturizer and aloe vera has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that make your skin look flawless. Combine these items in a bowl until it becomes pasty, and then slather it on.
- Coconut Oil Coconut oil is also a great source of unsaturated fat and it contains antioxidants that remove damaging free radicals. It also has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that reverse damaged skin. Not to mention that it also functions as a great skin moisturizer. Put it on at night before bed and coconut oil will help those wrinkles disappear.
- Lemon. What isn’t lemon good for? Lemon will help tighten those fine lines and will minimize the appearance of wrinkles by making your skin brighter and more radiant. Squeeze some lemon on your hands and wash your face with it, your skin will thank you.
These five options include a mix of both clinical and home remedies that will help you ward off those disheartening wrinkles and fine lines. It is up to you whether you’ll want to go the natural route or the clinical route because both provide benefits. If you’re looking for more information about wrinkle treatment or skin treatment, a valuable resource that’s backed by an experienced dermatologist is http://www.ochsdermatology.com/.